[pmwiki-users] Properties

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 09:06:32 CST 2005

Hi,

Sorry for my late answer (out for work).

Initially, I planned the properties as a way to have some kind of
"document properties" as provided within the NTFS file system. In my
wiki context this could be used to give extra infos to recipes
occuring to related page: for example, it's a way to give layout
directives to a PDF page rendering recipe.

Latest ML discussions about PageListTemplates let me rethink a bit the
properties and I lasted to something similar you plan to insert into
the core (thanks to "save" me few hours of work).

IMHO, the "variable syntax"  could be enhanced to allow cross-page
references as proposed by the PageVariables recipe.

Regards,
Dom