[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Backups

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Tue Dec 13 11:50:42 CST 2005

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 04:24:59PM +0100, chr at home.se wrote:
> >
> > There's probably stuff in pub/ that need to be backed up (depending on
> > what cookbook recipes you're using).
> >
> > I think this should be documented... what if we start a page called
> >
> > 	PmWiki/Backup
> >
> > or something like for this topic?
>
> Sounds great to me!  Link to it from the PmWiki.Upgrades page, also.

Please have a look:

	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Backup

It's linked from both DocumentationIndex and Upgrades now.

Backup is a rather important piece of functionality... maybe important
enough that some kind of backup script should be part of the pmwiki
installation? We could for instance imagine that simply doing:

	..?action=backup-site

and entering a password causes a local backup of the site to be made.

/Christian