[pmwiki-users] stack overflow

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Dec 12 08:56:06 CST 2005

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 12:06:36PM +0200, blues wrote:
> i have a problem with my hosting, which unfortunately is windows+iis.
> when editing a page and saving the script will execute for a quite
> long time and then return an error:
>
> "Recursion too deep; the stack overflowed."
>
> it is the standard distribution 2.1.beta14 with NO cookbook applied
> and NO personalization, default skin etc. just drop & go,
> just the simuledit disabled in local configuration with
> $EnableSimulEdit = 0;
>
> the same pmwiki on my local server windows+apache works perfectly.
> is it a known issue? i couldn't find any info about it.
> any idea??

Very very very strange.  Off the top of my head I can't think of any
recursive functions that exist in the edit sequence.  However, there
seem to be a lot of reports in bugs.php.net and other places about
this error message appearing even for non-recursive programs -- in
those cases it was often a configuration problem with the php.ini
file.

What version of IIS and PHP?

Pm