[pmwiki-users] users name stored as what variable?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Dec 7 16:43:13 CST 2005

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 12:40:20PM -0500, Haroon Khalid wrote:
>    I saw a cookbook guestbook feature, and it have a enter name section on
>    the form, but instead of this, I want to have it automatically filled out
>    using the username the person used to view my pmwiki site. So whast the
>    variable of the usersname that I can add to the php script, hopefully I am
>    going the right way about this.

It depends on whether you mean "name of author" or "name of authenticated
account".  Note that these do not have to be the same -- the username I use
to access the wiki might not be the same as the author name I use to
indicate my contributions.

$Author is the variable that represents a person's "signature" --
i.e., the value entered in the "Author:" field in the edit form.
$AuthId is the variable that represents an authenticated
identity (e.g., via authuser.php).

Pm