[pmwiki-users] Images in another group

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 16:03:58 CST 2005

On 12/7/05, Waylan Limberg <waylan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/7/05, Tegan Dowling <tmdowling at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The latter -
> >
> >  Having the uploads/directory automatically receive a .htaccess file
> > containing the
> > Order Deny,Allow
> >  Deny from all, along with having $EnableDirectDownload=0; in the
> > local/config.php
> >
> >  - is what I was suggesting/requesting, since it (appears to) make
> things
> > work the way I always thought they already did.
>
> Seeing that PmWiki defaults to no restrictions on reading (or anything
> for that matter) pages, I would think the default for attachments
> would be the same, so this doesn't make sense to me. However...

But the .htaccess file and the $EnableDirectDownload=0; setting alone don't
impose any "restrictions on reading (or anything for that matter) pages" -
they just make it so that if the user sets a read-restriction on a
wikigroup, then files uploaded to that wikigroup "inherit" the
read-restriction.  Wouldn't you expect that, anyway?