[pmwiki-users] FGS and ReadAuthPage - need some help

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Apr 21 10:59:28 CDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 10:44:52AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 09:42:45AM -0500, John Feezell wrote:
> >
> > I'd appreciate some input about how ReadAuthPage and READPAGE_CURRENT work

More to the point, I tried to craft RetrieveAuthPage and ReadPage
such that they would work exactly the same as they did previously
if called with the same arguments.  In other words,

   RetrieveAuthPage($pagename, 'edit')

is exactly the same as calling

   RetrieveAuthPage($pagename, 'edit', true, 0)

which requires 'edit' authorization to read the page, prompting as
needed, and returns the page complete with its page history.

In looking through the FGS code that I have -- I think I can come
up with a fair number of observations.  Interested...?

Pm