[pmwiki-users] FGS and ReadAuthPage - need some help

John Feezell JohnFeezell at 3wplace.com
Thu Apr 21 09:42:45 CDT 2005

Pm,

I've discovered a disconnect between FGS and the current version of
PmWiki that relates to changes that I think were introduced into
ReadAuthPage.  It may also relate to the PCache operation, I'm not sure.

Here's the situation.

When I have the following code in a GetPage function.
    if ($action=='edit') {$page =
RetrieveAuthPage($pagename,"edit",true,0); }
        else  {$page = RetrieveAuthPage($pagename,"read",true,0); }

and do a action=edit the page is retrieved and the 'text' is found that
contains the variable $af that sets the active form.  The form opens and
when I edit it and save it is written to the file system correctly.

However,

the PmWiki browse function then does a
  $page = RetrieveAuthPage($pagename, 'read', true, READPAGE_CURRENT);
and returns a page from "somewhere" other than the one that was just
written to the file system.

If I modify PmWiki browse and use ... true,0) I get the page that was
saved back.

If I use the following code in the GetPage function
    if ($action=='edit') {$page =
RetrieveAuthPage($pagename,"edit",true,READPAGE_CURRENT); }
        else  {$page =
RetrieveAuthPage($pagename,"read",true,READPAGE_CURRENT); }

then a page is retrieve from "somewhere" but it not the page from the
file system.

You can see this working at:
<http://cbfa-cos.org/xwiki/Forms/Comments>

Just edit the page and then submit it.

I'd appreciate some input about how ReadAuthPage and READPAGE_CURRENT work

Any other comments or suggestions welcomed too.

Thanks

/JF