[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Why heirarchy?

chr@home.se chr
Wed Oct 20 14:09:22 CDT 2004

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 12:10:38AM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> > On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> >
> > Bah... I just realized an "obvious" reason for why you want a hiearchy.
> >
> > With a hierarchy, you can introduce the ability to navigate it... going
> > up, down or laterally, all based on the inherent hierarchical structure.
>
> ...but only if you have some sort of clear ability for creating relative
> links between pages, which continues to be the main stumbling block for this.

Well, I'm imagining being able to write markup like?[[${Parent} -> Parent:]]
which would render as a link with the name of the parent.

And also some way of making a list of all the child pages, maybe:
	(:Children format=*:)
could produce a bullet list with all children.

Similarly, (:Siblings format=*:) could create a list of all the sibling
pages.

So the navigation aids I'm thinking of would mainly be using special
directives I think (except [[${Parent} -> Parent:]]).

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr