[pmwiki-devel] Is EnablePathInfo required for action=$PageUrl in forms?

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed May 8 10:42:25 CDT 2013

Peter Bowers writes:
> So is there something else going on in my configuration that makes it so
> without $EnablePathInfo it goes to my default page?
>

> (Example: <URL:http://pmwiki.qdk.org/pmwiki.php?
> n=Test.Form>http://pmwiki.qdk.org/pmwiki.php?n=Test.Form -- I think I've left
> it with $EnablePathInfo=1 right now...)

This page works for me as expected - I added a form with method=post, and
another form with action={$ScriptUrl}?n={$FullName}. Both work, and the
latter should behave exactly like when $EnablePathInfo is not set.

When I submit the forms, I land on the same page.

Note that the very first form action in the page is not correct, there is no
such url Test.Form -- a browser interprets this as a file in the same
directory as the current one -- before the last "/" in the URL, so it
attempts to go to http://pmwiki.qdk.org/pmwiki.php/Test/Test.Form.

>      I see that PITS.PITS uses action=$PageUrl, but this seems not to work on
>      systems not using $EnablePathInfo...
>
>    (:input form action={$PageUrl}:) works on my home server, the posted form
>    lands on the same WikiSandbox page and not on Main.HomePage.
>

> Do you have $EnablePathInfo=1 or not?

No, I don't.

Petko