Questions answered by this recipe
How can I install PmWiki in seconds using a shell script?
Install PmWiki in seconds using a shell script.
- Installs PmWiki
- Creates writable wiki.d/ and uploads/ directories.
At that point the wiki is ready to use. The config.php file is a modified version of sample-config.php with URLs shortened and uploads enabled.
Then the script sets 2777 permissions, retrieves the home page (without saving it), and sets 0777 permissions.
The wiki, once installed, is a default configuration with an index.php file and The configuration changes are:
- Automatic semi-clean URLs (with pmwiki.php removed)
- Uploads are enabled by default.
- Max upload size is set to 1MB.
- A server-writable uploads/ directory is created automatically.
Set the directory name, PmWiki version, and URL.
- Download the scriptΔ and rename it to InstaWiki.sh or copy-n-paste the script text into a script.
- Make sure it's in a directory that matches a URL (see below).
- Set the settings.
- directory name
- version of PmWiki
- URL that points to the directory where the script is run from, ending in a because it's a directory.
- Run the script. ( )
To disable uploads after the wiki is installed,
- comment out the line that starts with .
- delete the uploads/ directory.
Change log / Release notes
2016-09-30 - Initial release